Purpose and Scope
Collection of Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information
- If you are a scholarship applicant, the personal information we collect from you includes your name, address, email address, date of birth, photograph, phone number, background, and biographical information.
- If you are a scholarship recipient, we may in addition collect your college or university student identification number.
- If you are a donor, the personal information we collect from you includes your name and email address, and the information our third party payment processors collect from you includes your credit card information and billing address.
In addition, we may collect information about your visit to our website, such the type of device you use, your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, browsing information, session summary information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you access our website.
Use of Personal Information
Generally speaking, we use personal information in two ways.
First, we use the personal information you have provided to us to fulfill your requests. If you are a scholarship applicant or recipient, we use your personal information in processing and reviewing your application or processing your scholarship. If you are a donor, we use your personal information to process your donation. We also use your personal information to communicate with you.
Second, we use your personal information to improve our website and services.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do, however, share personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We share personal information with volunteers who review scholarship applications. We require these volunteers to protect your personal information.
- We share limited personal information – the names and email addresses of students who have applied for scholarships – with these students’ high school counselors and administrators.
- We share limited personal information with colleges and universities for the purposes of verifying information relating to students who have applied for or received scholarships.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to respond to a subpoena, court order, search warrant, or other legal process, to defend Education First against legal claims, or for other reasons that we determine in good faith are necessary or appropriate.
- Education First may transfer personal information to its successors or assigns, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you believe that we might have collected any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us using the Contact Us section below.
We use reasonable precautions, such as firewalls and encryption, to host and maintain this website in a secure manner and to safeguard it from unauthorized access. No transmission through the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, however.
Links to Other Websites
"Do Not Track"
Some browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. We do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Access, Correct or Delete Personal Information
If you would like to correct or delete your personal information, or you would like to know what personal information we possess, please contact us using the Contact Us section below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
Effective Date of Policy
Changes to This Policy